This post is sponsored by Fresh Thyme Farmers Market.
I love going to farmers markets. In addition to the yummy produce, I love the chance to be able to connect with the people who are growing my food. I also love the chance to support local farmers and artisans and purchase all-natural products.
The thing that bums me out about farmers markets is that they are seasonal, and only on certain days and times. Most Saturday mornings I’m either shuttling kids somewhere or trying in vain to get a few extra hours of sleep. Because life is always happening, I don’t always get to the farmers market as often as I would like.
Lucky for me (and you!), there are not one but two Fresh Thyme Farmers Markets opening on the north side of Indianapolis, which is my turf.
How is Fresh Thyme different from other grocery stores?
The focus of Fresh Thyme Farmers Markets is on encouraging healthy eating. For that reason, the produce section gets center stage, right in the middle of the store. Around the produce section, you’ll find:
- Natural meat, raised without hormones
- Seafood flown in daily
- Hearty breads and delicious treats from local artisan bakeries and hot out of our ovens
- Healthy meals made in our kitchens which are ready to eat on the run
- Barrels full of natural and organic bulk foods
- Locally roasted organic coffee beans
- Aisles of nutritious and delicious groceries
- Earth-friendly cleaning supplies
- Specialty foods
- Gluten-free and dairy-free options
- Plus a whole department filled with vitamins, supplements and pure body care products.
So basically, Fresh Thyme gives you the farmers market feel and experience without the limited schedule. That’s something I can get behind!
Want to check it out for yourself?
Fresh Thyme is having an amazing Friends and Family Night on Wednesday, September 24th from 5 to 8 p.m. There will be all kinds of goodies, including appetizers, live music, and FREE SAMPLES! I’ll be there, and I hope you will be, too.
I am also giving away a $25 Fresh Thyme gift card to one lucky reader!
Just use the form below to enter. Giveaway ends Monday, September 29th at noon EST. Good luck! My friend Cherie at The Queen of Free is also giving away a gift card if you want to double your chances. Want to TRIPLE your chances? The awesome Heather at Basilmomma is giving away a gift card, too.