Thanks Azteca for sending us a prize pack and inspiring us to get creative in the kitchen.
My oldest son loves tortillas. He likes them for his tacos, he likes them with peanut butter, he likes them when they’re wrapping up turkey and cheese. But most of all, he likes them plain. A plain tortilla is one of his favorite snacks. I don’t pretend to understand it, but I also don’t argue with it. The kid likes what he likes.
When I told him that Azteca asked us to create a recipe using their tortillas, his suggestion was, “Just a tortilla!” When I explained that didn’t really count as a recipe, he decided we needed to make dessert. We combined three of his favorite things: strawberries, Nutella, and whipped cream. Here’s our super-easy recipe for Strawberry Nutella Dessert Roll-ups:
- Azteca Flour Tortillas
- Strawberries, sliced thin
- Nutella hazelnut spread
- Whipped cream (I used homemade)
- Spread a small circle of Nutella in the middle of your tortilla. Or a big circle. No judgment.
- Add your strawberries — as few or as many as you like.
- Put whipped cream on top. Again, add as much or as little as you like, but remember you’ll be rolling this up. If you add a lot of whipped cream be prepared for maximum squish out the sides.
- Roll up your snack like a burrito. Secure with a toothpick.
Want to make your own tortilla creation? I am giving away an Azteca prize pack that includes:
- Azteca free product coupons
- A $50 Kroger gift card
- A meal planning notepad
- An AWESOME dry erase wall calendar
- Tupperware containers
Want to win it? Head over to my Facebook page to enter. Giveaway ends August 22nd at noon Eastern. Good luck and happy snacking! And be sure to check out these great ideas from my friends Michelle and Ann-Marie.