Affiliate links are used in this post.
(I’ve been informed by some of my awesome readers that when they attempted to sign up, they found that Sponsored Tweets is updating their system and not accepting new memberships at this time. I really wish I would have known that BEFORE writing this post! I will keep this post up for now, and make updates when I know more about the new system.)
I recently wrote a post for Bloggers Earn Bucks about how I began making money with my blog. I received a lot of great feedback, and many of you shared with me how you were putting my advice in action, which I LOVE. I also had a lot of questions from readers asking me to share more specifics about how I turned this site into a (small!) source of income. I plan on sharing some of those strategies soon, but first I wanted to address the question that I received more often than any other:
Do I have to be a blogger to make money online?
The answer is: NO! There are many great methods for making money online that both bloggers and non-bloggers can take advantage of. I’m excited to share some of them with you over the next few weeks. These are all services I’ve used myself that have paid me real money – no scams allowed. Keep in mind that none of these methods on their own will make you rich, but they can provide you with a little extra income and help you breathe easier. We can all use some extra income, right?
Making money with Twitter using Sponsored Tweets.
- Once you sign up for the service and are approved, you’ll occasionally receive emails saying an opportunity is available to you.
- Log into your account and you’ll see a sample tweet with required keywords or hashtags that need to be used in your tweet.
- The sample tweet is a guide – you can write your own tweet as long as you include the required keywords and hashtags.
- Once you’ve written a tweet, you submit it for approval by the sponsor. If you’re approved your tweet will be sent automatically.
- If your tweet needs changes, Sponsored Tweets will let you know and you’ll have the opportunity to correct your tweet.
- Then you get paid!
The process is simple and easy, which makes Sponsored Tweets one of my favorite ways to make money online.
What do I love about Sponsored Tweets?
- You name your price! You can decide how much you want to charge per tweet, although Sponsored Tweets does offer you some guidelines. The more Twitter followers you have, the more you can charge.
- You have total control over what you Tweet. You decide which offers to take, and you write your own tweets. If there’s an offer that doesn’t fit your audience or preferences, you can turn it down.
- Sponsored Tweets is great about reminding you that you have an offer awaiting a response. You have three days to accept an offer, and many times those reminder emails have kept me from earning money.
- When you’re ready to cash out, the payment shows up in your Paypal account almost instantly.
- You can also make money by referring other Tweeters and sponsors.
What do I NOT love about Sponsored Tweets?
- It can be feast or famine. Sometimes I am getting multiple offers a day. Then I’ll go weeks without an offer.
- If your want to withdraw money from your account, you must withdraw at least $50, otherwise you’ll pay a $2 penalty.