Vacations are great – once you get there. But any mom will tell you that the preparing and the getting there can be stressful. There’s the laundry, the packing, dealing with the traffic or the airport, and entertaining the kids on the way there. And of course, there’s the cost. Vacations can get expensive, which can add to the stress of traveling.
However, there are great ways to save money on travel. Are you planning on taking a cruise this summer? You don’t have to head all the way to Florida to depart for your journey. Many exciting family cruises depart from Baltimore, Maryland, which saves time and travel costs for many of us.
Another great reason to depart for your cruise from Baltimore is the city of Baltimore itself. There are so many fun things for families to do in Baltimore. What better way to save money than to have two vacations in one? Here are just a few of the fun things your family can experience in Baltimore:
- Inner Harbor: The beautiful Inner Harbor area is located in the heart of downtown Baltimore and features numerous attractions and eateries that are perfect for families. Have a day of learning about dinosaurs at the Maryland Science Center or ride a water taxi and enjoy the view.
- National Aquarium: Visit the National Aquarium and see over 16,000 different types of aquatic animals. Get up close and personal with a Northern Sea Nettle or a Giant Pacific Octopus.
- B&O Railroad Museum: Do you have little ones who love trains? My boys adore them. The B&O Railroad Museum is the perfect place to take your train-happy kids. Go on a train ride or check out the awesome train carousel. Your kids can even visit the town of Choo Choo Blueville!
- Port Discovery Children’s Museum: This museum is one of the top five children’s museums in the country, with attractions for the whole family. Your family can get Down on the Farm, or explore the KidWorks Urban Treehouse.
- Baltimore Orioles: For the sports fan in your family, take in a Baltimore Orioles game. Visit Camden Yards and see sluggers like Adam Jones and Brian Roberts knock one out of the park. Don’t forget your peanuts and cracker jacks!